It's here! The Snailtm travel guitar. The cadillac of travel guitars. You will improve your guitar skills immeasurably by having a quality guitar you can take wherever you go. Create extra practice or serenading time because you can use it in the car, at an airport, in the office, while hiking, or wherever you go. Unlike most other travel guitars the Snailtm has beautiful tone, a full size scale length (not a 3/4) and is very playable. Because it is so easy to take with you, you'll find creative playing time you never had before. Made with only solid tonewoods and excellent Gotoh mini-tuners and double action truss rod.
A BASIC DESCRIPTION
The Snailtm travel guitar is a compact steel string guitar designed to be much more portable than a standard sized guitar. The serious guitar player may take it wherever they go to maximize practice time. The casual guitar plaer may take it to places they wouldn't ordinarily take their standard sized guitar.
The Snailtm is handmade from only solid tonewoods: Ask us what woods we have in stock because we like to experiment with different woods from batch to bach.The excellent design and quality craftsmanship make for easy playability and beautiful, balanced tone.
WHAT ADVANTAGES THE SNAILTM HAS COMPARED TO MOST OTHER TRAVEL STYLE GUITARS
1. A full size scale length (24 27/32"), not a 3/4 size guitar, what is gained in practice transfers to one's standard instrument.
2. Excellent tone, very balanced, wonderful sustain, easy playability.
3. Upper fretboard accessibility.
4. The choice of top woods for the tone one likes best (warm to bright).
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT THE SNAILTM
1. The spiral shaped body is based upon a "continuously increasing radius" shape which begins with a 4" radius and geometrically increases up to an 8" radius. Because the soundboard has continuously varying lengths from center to perimeter, it lends itself to excellent balance from note to note. The spiral shaped body cavity works well in delivering sound out of the sound hole.
2. The "angled ladder bracing" design gives good lateral and longitudinal strength and is positioned to be able to maximize bass response for such a small body size. The body is larger on bass side and smaller on treble side to maximize transmission of the various frequencies.
3. The Snailtm has a relatively large soundhole in relation to body size in order the maximize volume.
WHO INVENTED AND BUILDS THIS INSTRUMENT
Montana Guitar Shop
Paradise, MT 59856-0095